As part of our initiative to support entrepreneurs, startups and business owners – we actively put on and seek out the best local events for entrepreneurs.
“You don't know what you don't know until you know it”
Events serve to educate and support entrepreneurs through their startup Journey. Any experienced entrepreneur knows that it can often be a long and lonely road to success, this coupled with the need to perform roles outside of your area of expertise can lead to an overall daunting and difficult experience.
Coming along to events ensures that you are up to date with current trends across various industries, meeting people in similar circumstances and also taking advantage of opportunities that can go a long way to helping your business.
Join us at our next event and find out what it is all about. Very rarely is it a waste of time, so if you haven't already RSVP to the next one!
Hope to see you there!
- This event has passed.
Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it?
Then join us for this fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event!
Our amazing list of speakers for this event includes:
– Garry Visontay – General Partner at Right Click Capital, one of Australia’s most respected VC funds.
– Albert Bielinko – Principal with Telstra Ventures (startup fund of Australia’s largest telecommunications company) which has backed some of Australia’s most successful startups (US$300M+ in 50 companies, and counting).
– Rachel White – Experienced startup CFO, who has taken companies from inception through capital raising and IPOs.
– Jonathan Chak – Experienced Founder, now with Jobs for NSW (NSW Government) and directly working with startups to unlock $190M+ in funding and grants available.
– Alli Varnes – Founder JobGetter (a startup that has raised funding), startup Mentor and Co-Founder of the StartupJobs Oz free job board.
Who Should Attend?
– Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
– Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
– The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a “fundable” company
– How to make yourself more attractive to investors
– How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
– How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!
For more free startup events, visit https://FI.co/events.