Collection of information
Information you provide: we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, occupation, company and title and position when you:
- use the website;
- do business with us (such as making a request for our products or services).
Cookies: we also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell how and when you use the website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, pages within the website which you visit and referring website addresses. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
All provision of personal information and your acceptance of cookies is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information or you decline cookies on your computer, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website and the products and services we provide.
Purposes of collection
Personal information: the purposes we collect personal information about you include:
- to provide you with information about the website, our products and services and for business development generally;
- to provide, review, update and/or improve the website, our electronic newsletters, our print magazine and any other products and services we may offer;
- to provide customized products and services to you and to respond to any queries by you; and
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
Non-identifiable information: this may be collected regarding you and other website users in order to monitor website usage from your computer, pages viewed, frequency and time spent on different website pages and website visitor numbers. This non-identifiable information may be used for:
- business development;
- providing advertising on the website which is considered more relevant for you based on you web usage;
- improvements to the website and our products and services; and
- marketing and forecasting.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
You agree that we may disclose your personal information with other persons, businesses or government agencies in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to us doing so; or
- where it is reasonably required by our trusted external suppliers (such as our web hosting provider or data storage provider) who provide technology solutions, perform statistical analysis, help us operate or market the website and/or related products or services, and who help us contact you or provide customer support; or
- without your consent (and possibly without notice to you) if we are required to do so:
- by law or pursuant to a legal process;
- to protect and defend our rights or property; or,
- where we reasonably consider it necessary for personal safety reasons (whether in regards to you, another website user or a member of public).
We (or our third party suppliers) take reasonable steps to protect information from unauthorized use or loss including measures as to the manner in which it is stored on a server.
Transfer out of Australia
Sometimes our trusted external suppliers (such as our web hosting service or data storage service) may transfer data outside of Australia. You consent to the transfer and/or storage of your personal information outside of Australia where this is done in the normal course of us receiving services from trusted external suppliers.
Public message boards, directory listings etc
Links to/from other websites
We are in no way responsible for the privacy statements or manner of data collection or use of external websites which are linked to or from our website.
E-newsletters and other electronic promotions
By providing your email address you automatically become an email subscriber and consent to us sending you our electronic newsletter, emails related to the marketing and administration of the website and email related to products and services either offered by us or which may be relevant for you. All promotional emails will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails or you can unsubscribe using the contact details below.
How to contact us
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Aeona Pty Ltd;
- “you” and “your” refer to (i) you as a website user personally and (ii) if you are accessing the website within the scope of your employment and/or on behalf of a company, that employer and/or company (as appropriate);
- “the website” means Aeona Pty Ltd and all content residing in that domain; and
- “including” means including but not limited to.