Everywhere you look video feels like it’s blowing up.
By 2019, Cisco estimates 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video. But even today, the numbers involved with video and video marketing are staggering.
Video is killing it, consistently increasing user interaction and conversion rates across the board.
The current impact of video is perfectly summed up in Marcus Sheridan’s recent book ‘They Ask you answer’. Sheridan’s compiled list of video stats, gathered during 2016 from various sources, proves if you aren’t properly utilising video within your campaigns you’re missing a trick.
1. According to a report published by Forresters, including video in an e-mail leads to a whopping 200-300 percent increase in click-through rates.
2. Unbound reports that include video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80 percent.
3. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100 percent every year.
4. According to Rhythm and Insights, combining video with full-page ads boost engagement by 22 percent.
5. Seventy percent of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
6. 65% of executives visits the marketer’s website, and 39 percent call a vendor after viewing a video, according to Forbes.
7. 147 million Americans watch video on the Internet, according to Nielsen.
8. After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
9. 96% of B2B organisations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns, of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
10. One- third of all online activity is spent watching video.
11. According to Forbes, 59 % of executives would prefer to watch video than read text.
12. 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product or series in a video, according to Forbes.
13. According to Implix, an introductory e-mail that includes a video receives an increase in click-through rates of 96%.
14. Mist media reports that the average internet user spends 88 % more time on a site with video.
15. Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more according to ReelSEO.
Incredible numbers right?
And most importantly video isn’t just a ‘pay a dude once’ activity anymore. You can develop your own video studio armed with a smartphone, decent light, audio and affordable software.
So why aren’t all of us making videos?
With this in mind, for our next Wednesdays@Aeona event we’re bringing back our inbound marketing expert Moby Siddique. Moby’s another marketer who thinks everyone needs to embrace video in 2017 because as far as the consumer is concerned ‘don’t tell me, show me’ reigns supreme.
He’ll be taking us through how we can all buy and create our own video marketing studio for less than $500.
Don’t miss out on this one. This class is the same Moby teaches in a workshop that costs around $1500, so we’re super lucky to be running this session for a fraction of that!
P.S. Numbers are limited and tickets are strictly limited to 3 per person.
And if that list didn’t illustrate the gravity of the situation then here’s a pretty picture as well 😉